J & Z Meats Pty Ltd ACN 636 003 980 trading as Steak Kings (we/us/our) consider your privacy to be important and we take our responsibility to protect your personal information seriously.
Personal Information collected by us
Personal information is information or an opinion of an individual whose identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained. We collect a variety of personal information that is reasonably necessary for the purposes of conducting and improving our business, our products and our services. This information is collected from a range of sources including:
- our website <https://www.mec.com.au> (the Site);
- account creation process;
- marketing research;
- by otherwise having some form of contact with an individual such as by mail, telephone, email or internet; or
- other business activities or events where we interact with people.
Personal information collected by us includes:
- your name;
- your preferred delivery address;
- your preferred billing address;
- your place of residence;
- your contact details such as your mobile number, telephone number and email address;
- your gender (however this is generally only incidentally collected);
- your transactional data;
- your payment details including your credit card information; and
- all logs, which may include information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, clickstream data, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on any pages of our site and other log related information relating to your use of our website.
Use of personal information
We automatically gather information to monitor the use of products and services. Much of the data we collect is aggregated and this information is effectively anonymous to us. In general, we use personal information for providing, evaluating, improving, personalising and developing our business, our products and our services.
More specifically we use personal information for:
- improving our products, services and customer satisfaction;
- providing a product or service that has been requested;
- providing product related support to you;
- promoting and delivering our products and services to you;
- our internal research and statistical purposes (including market segmentation and customer value analysis); and
- enabling us to forward to you other information or material which we believe may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not disclose your personal information to any third party, other than those requiring such information for the purposes for which the information was collected. For example, we may provide some of your personal information to logistics and delivery companies so that they can deliver products to you that you have purchased through the Site.
Protecting your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect all personal information we hold from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
The precautionary steps we take to protect personal information include:
- adopting measures to protect our computer systems and networks for storing, processing and transmitting personal information;
- adoption of procedural and personnel measures for limiting access to personal information by our staff;
- regularly reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices; and
- such other security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate from time to time.
Notwithstanding that we use our best endeavours to protect all personal information we collect and hold, we unfortunately cannot guarantee the complete security of the personal information.De-identifying and deleting personal information
When your personal information is no longer required to be kept by us, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or delete the personal information in a confidential manner.
We may use third party tools to track your usage of our site.
You acknowledge that we have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services whatsoever.
You should be aware that your ability to opt-out of a third-party tool or platform will depend on the conditions governing your agreement with that third party.
Overseas IT service providers
We may disclose personal information to outsourced information technology service providers, including cloud computing providers and data storage providers, based overseas.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure such overseas recipients do not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) or are subject to laws or a scheme substantially similar to the APP’s.Disclosure for analytics
We may use Google Analytics to track usage of our Site. Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilises the data collected to track and examine the use of the Site, to prepare reports on the Site’s activities and share them with other Google services.
Other than as contemplated under this point 7, we will only disclose your personal information to an overseas recipient if:
- you consent to the transfer; or
- the disclosure of the information is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, other applicable law or a court/tribunal order.
Cookies are files with small amounts of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our site.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access Cookies.
Unlike Cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages (or in e-mail).
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns.
Like many sites, we use web beacons to collect information which is done in accordance with this policy.
Accessing and updating your personal information
If you have established an account with us, your personal information is open and freely available for you to access through our Site following your log on.
If you are an individual who has provided personal information to us outside of our Site and account creation process, you may request access to it at any time. If you wish to obtain access, please send your request by email to us. Depending upon the personal information you seek to access, you may be asked:
- to put your request in writing with evidence of your identity to verify that you are who you say; and
- to provide further details to assist us in responding to your request in a timely manner.
We will respond to a request for access to personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.Access to Personal Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us unless:
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required under the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
We endeavour to keep all personal information we hold accurate, up to date and complete. If at any time you wish to correct any of your personal information, please contact us.
If we elect not to correct your information, we will notify you, within a reasonable time, of the reason for our refusal, the mechanisms available for you to complain about our refusal and such other matters required by the Privacy Act.
If you wish to have your Personal Information deleted, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide your personal information to us, your personal information will be transferred to Australia and processed within Australia.
We strive to ensure our compliance with this Policy and to regularly review our practices against it.
If at any time you have a complaint against us regarding our Policy, including a breach of the Privacy Act, we invite you to make a complaint. All complaints made will be dealt with in confidence. We endeavour to respond within 30 days of receipt of a complaint with a resolution or proposed resolution to the issue raised.
Please note that you may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) about the handling of your personal information. Information on making a privacy complaint can be found on their website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint.
We reserve the right to vary this Policy from time to time without further notice to you. Any variations made will be updated on our Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy every now and again to ensure you are aware of any changes made to it. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without using our best endeavours to first provide you with notice.